SAMHSA Strategic Initiatives help people with mental and substance use disorders, support the families of people with mental and substance use disorders, build strong and supportive communities, prevent costly behavioral health problems, and promote better health for all Americans.
Learn more about SAMHSA's Strategic Initiatives.
Connect with SAMHSA through Facebook, Twitter, the SAMHSA blog, or YouTube, and learn more about SAMHSA's social media outreach efforts. Visit "Social Media" to learn more and see SAMHSA's social media feeds.
SAMHSA has advisory councils or committees to advance its goals. Through these councils and committees, SAMHSA draws advice from public members and professionals in the field of substance abuse and mental health. Visit "Advisory Councils" to learn more.
- SAMHSA National Advisory Council
- Center for Mental Health Services National Advisory Council
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention National Advisory Council
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment National Advisory Council
- Advisory Committee for Women's Services
- Drug Testing Advisory Board
- Tribal Technical Advisory Committee
The SAMHSA budget supports programs to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.
Learn more about SAMHSA's Fiscal Year 2015 Congressional Budget Justification.