Connecticut Medicaid has announced that it will now cover the group counseling in Behavioral Health Centers and some Federally Qualified Centers beginning on November 1, 2013. This is great news for behavioral health and public health!...
SAMHSA Regional Administrators
The SAMHSA Regional Administrators are a part of SAMHSA’s leadership team and work to advance SAMHSA’s mission and to improve the delivery of behavioral health services in each of the 10 HHS Regions.
What Do the RAs Do?
As of January 2012, all 10 RAs had begun developing and nationally implementing SAMHSA’s strategic vision, direction, and policies. The roles of SAMHSA’s RAs include:
- Representing SAMHSA in the national, regional, state and local communities and connecting with stakeholders
- Promoting initiatives that advance behavioral health and engaging target populations
- Developing, supporting and leading collaborative initiatives across HHS and other Federal agencies to assure behavioral health is a priority throughout the nation
- Supporting stakeholders through technical assistance, promoting program development, policy innovation, and system transformation; and,
- Conducting and preparing periodic reports to communicate important regional and state trends, issues and policies that affect SAMHSA’s programs, grantees and stakeholders.
As a SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Ms. Power oversees Region 1, which includes Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
As a SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Mr. Romero oversees Region 2, which includes New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands.
As a SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Jean Bennett oversees Region 3, which includes Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.
As a SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Ms. McCladdie oversees Region 4, which includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
As SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Captain Coady oversees Region 5, which includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, and Wisconsin.
As a SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Mr. Duffy oversees Region 6, which includes Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
As a SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Ms. Howard oversees Region 7, which includes Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska.
As a SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Charles Smith oversees Region 8, which includes Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming.
As a SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Jon Perez oversees Region 9, which includes Arizona, California, Hawaii, Guam, Nevada, American Samoa, CNMI, FSM, Marshall Islands, and Palau.
As a SAMHSA Regional Administrator, Mr. Dickinson oversees Region 10, which includes Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington.
1 Choke Cherry Road
Rockville, MD 20858
Last Updated: 12/17/2013