Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy (BRSS TACS) Awardee Corner
For more general information about each of these awards, visit the BRSS TACS Major Activities page.
BRSS TACS is pleased to highlight the work of the RECOVER Project, a program of the Western Massachusetts Training Consortium, as one of six recipients of the 2013 SAMHSA BRSS TACS State Peer-Run Organization/Recovery Community Organization Awards. The goals of the project were to expand and update the 2006 manual From the Ground Up: How to Build Your Own Peer-to-Peer Recovery Center and to disseminate the updated manual via webinars, social media, word of mouth, and email/listserv blasts.
Project Director Linda Sarage shares the following: “I am very grateful for this opportunity through the BRSS TACS Award to update and enrich our earlier manual. We were able to pull together a team of highly skilled and passionate peers to create an online manual that will continue to evolve as this peer movement grows. We look forward to incorporating the experiences of centers from all over this country and gathering useful and creative ideas that we can pass on through this manual. Thank you, too, for the collaboration between substance use and mental health recovery supports. Our ‘From the Ground Up’ resource is available and valuable to all peer recovery community organizations.”
To learn more, read the RECOVER Project manual, From the Ground UP: How to Build Your Own Peer-to-Peer Recovery Center.
Peer-Run Organization/Recovery Community Organization Awards
We are excited to share the awardees of the second annual award:
- Alaska Peer Support Consortium (AK)
- Friends of Recovery-Vermont (VT)
- Grassroots Empowerment Project (WI)
- Mental Health Empowerment Project (NY)
- Sober Living Network (CA)
- The RECOVER Project (MA)
Please join us in congratulating the 2013 BRSS TACS Peer-Run Organization/Recovery Community Organization Awards recipients! Are you a current awardee? Do you have questions about your award? Would you like to be connected with a past awardee? Do you have a specific TA request? Contact Rebecca Stouff: firstname.lastname@example.org.
State Peer Awards for Health Reform Education
We are excited to share the awardees of the 2013 award:
- Foundation for Recovery, Inc. (NV)
- Grassroots Empowerment Project, Inc. (WI)
- Mental Health America of Oregon (OR)
- Minnesota Recovery Connection (MN)
- Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers' Association (PA)
- The Council of Southeast Pennsylvania, Inc. (PA)
- The Transformation Center and Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MA)
- National Alliance of Methadone Advocates, Inc. (NY)
Are you a current awardee? Do you have questions about your award? Would you like to be connected with a past awardee? Do you have a specific TA request? Contact Robert Sember: email@example.com.
Policy Academy Awards
Teams from the following States were selected in 2013 to participate in an Policy Academy event to prepare them to create and implement a State Action Plans in their states:
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
As part of the BRSS TACS 2013 Policy Academy: Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale in the Context of the Affordable Care Act, eight interactive, ninety-minute knowledge-building sessions were produced. They are available for viewing below:
- Understanding and Using Utilization Projections, Cost Projections and Workforce Data, Original Air Date: June 14, 2013.
- Peers in Federally Qualified Health Centers, Original Air Date: June 13, 2013.
- Recovery Communities Support for Enrollment, Original Air Date: June 12, 2013.
- Financing Peer Support Services through Medicaid – Billing Codes and Other Factors, Original Air Date: June 11, 2013.
- Peer Specialist/Recovery Coach Certification, Original Air Date: June 7, 2013
- Substance Abuse/Mental Health Recovery Communities Working Together in Affordable Care Act Implementation, Original Air Date: June 7, 2013.
- Partnerships for Change: Effective Engagement of Consumers, Peers, and People in Recovery in Policy and Systems Planning, Original Air Date: June 6, 2013.
- Creating Culture Shift and Building Systems that Support Recovery including Peer Services, Original Air Date, June 6, 2013.
Are you a current awardee? Do you have questions about your award? Do you have a specific TA request? Contact your award manager, Rebecca Stouff: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in applying for a BRSS TACS funding opportunity? Visit the BRSS TACS Major Activities page.