Watch KSOC-TV for webisodes, commercials, previews, and more.
Tune in to the next webisode of KSOC-TV, “Supporting Families With LGBTQ Youth” , on August 11, 2014, at 2 p.m. EDT.
- A Practitioner's Resource Guide: Helping Families to Support Their LGBT Children
- A Guide for Understanding, Supporting, and Affirming LGBTQI2-S Children, Youth, and Families (PDF | 4 MB)
- Improving Emotional and Behavioral Outcomes for LGBT Youth
- PFLAG National
- Maryland Coalition of Families
- Family Acceptance Project
Watch the two latest KSOC-TV webisodes:
- The REAL, Real World: Helping Young People on Their Journey to Adulthood (aired on July 17, 2014)
- Supporting Young Veterans and Young Parents (aired on June 3, 2014)
Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
These videos are about how positive mental health is essential to a child’s healthy development from birth. They illustrate how mental health initiatives promote positive child, youth, and young adult development, recovery, and resilience.
Help a Young Adult Soar
Watch PSA: Help a Young Adult Soar. This video highlights how involved allies can provide essential support to young adults with mental health challenges.
Community Connections Work for Young Adults
Watch PSA: Community Connections Work for Young Adults. This video is about how young adults with mental health challenges can prosper when they have involved allies.
Watch PSA: Brain Flight. This video informs parents and other adults about children’s mental health by illustrating how brain activity may be linked to the way a child thinks, feels or behaves
Awareness Day 2014
Awareness Day 2013
Awareness Day Photos
Additional Youth and Young Adult Resources
- Youth M.O.V.E. National
- OneCPD, Homelessness Assistance
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Continuum of Care Program
- Ending the Silence, NAMI Santa Clara County
- Transitions RTC
- Pathways RTC
- Check and Connect
- Dartmouth IPS Supported Employment Center
- Guideposts for Success
Best Practices in Supporting Young Adults
Watch the Best Practices in Supporting Young Adults webisode. This webisode highlights evidence-based practices to help young adults and their families address mental health needs specific to military service and parenting.