Several online resources are available to faith-based and community organizations serving individuals with mental health and substance use disorders.
SAMHSA publications for faith-based and community organizations:
- Sustaining Grassroots Community-Based Programs: A Tool Kit for Community-and Faith-Based Service Providers
- Maximizing Program Services Through Private Sector Partnerships and Relationships: A Guide for Faith- and Community-Based Service Providers (PDF | 2.52 MB, DOC | 644 KB)
- Successful Strategies for Recruiting, Training, and Utilizing Volunteers: A Guide for Faith- and Community-Based Service Providers (PDF | 908 KB, DOC | 1.85 MB)
- Building Bridges: Mental Health Consumers and Members of Faith-Based and Community Organizations in Dialogue
- Core Competencies for Clergy and Other Pastoral Ministries in Addressing Alcohol and Drug Dependency and the Impact on Family Members (PDF | 236 KB)
- A National Review of State Alcohol and Drug Treatment Programs and Certification Standards for Substance Abuse Counselors and Prevention Professionals (PDF | 970 KB)