National Prevention Week "I Choose" Project
Participating in the "I Choose" Project is easy – all you have to do is take a photograph of yourself holding a sign with your personal message about why substance abuse prevention or mental health is important to you. For example, you could say "I choose prevention because I want to be healthy and happy." Or you could write "I choose treatment…" or another "I choose" statement, such as "I choose not to give up because things do get better."
Send your photo to NewMedia@samhsa.hhs.gov. In the e-mail, you can also include:
- Name(s) of people in the photo
- Organization (if applicable)
- State or territory
- ZIP code
- The "I Choose" message displayed in the photo.
After receiving your submission, SAMHSA will review and post your photo to the "I Choose" photo gallery*
*Photos will not be posted if they contain:
- Commercial endorsements.
- Personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses.
- Discriminatory, racist, offensive, obscene, inflammatory, unlawful, or otherwise objectionable statements, language or content.